My daily activities include sterilization of dental instruments, chairside assisting the dentist, pediatric prophys, chairside hygiene assistant and clean up, maintenance of equipment and general patient comfort.
With my daily work at this position I have brought better communication skills and a calm approach to co -workers and patients alike.
I demonstrate my digital radiograph skills along with all of my expanded functions daily.
September 2010 to August 2012
All chairside duties in a hospital setting.
The impact I had at this job was proving my excellent skills in a specialized clinic for homeless veterans. This included assisting the dentist, scheduling patients and maintaining the dentists schedule.
I demonstrated all of my expanded functions.
April 2008 to August 2012
Chairside assisting, sterilization and scheduling patients.
I accomplished a good communication between all staff members and a positive work environment.
Denal Assisting License in Dental
1990 to 1991
[divider style="single" border="medium" color="#81d742"]
Dental Assistant Resume Sample Version II
January 2012 to Present
- Work as a temporary dental assistant, working in the Phoenix and West Valley area;
- Experienced in conducting four-handed dentistry procedures for all types of restorations, root
canals, oral surgery and crown preparations;
- Provide compassionate care to patients and educated in post-procedure care;
- Oral evacuations and mouth/tongue retractions;
- Take alginate impressions, poured and trimmed models;
- OSHA approved sterilization procedures;
- Take appropriete x-rays and mounted, using standard processor developers as well as digital systems such as Dentrix, while on temporary assignments.
July 2013 to November 2013
- Chairside dental assistant for busy endodontic office;
- Greet and seat patients, took appropriate x-rays & assisted Dr. during root canal procedures;
- Responsible for break down, set up, stocking operatory, sterilization of instruments.
February 2013 to May 2013
Worked for a mobile general dentistry as a dental assistant when needed which serves senior
citizens at assisted living facilities.
March 2009 to December 2011
- A temporary dental assistant for general dentistry as well as, periodontist, oral surgery,
endodontist and pedodontist;
- Worked at different locations including The University of Pennsylvania & Temple University;
- Responsible for assisting the doctor, seating patients, taking x-rays, and sterilization.
September 2004 to April 2008
- Experienced in conducting four-handed dentistry procedures for all types of restorations, root;
- Canal therapy, oral surgery and crown preparations including those for implant crowns;
- Provided compassionate care to patients and educated in post-procedure care;
- Logged patient and daily production information using the Mercer System;
- Administered maintenance for all dental equipment, sterilization of instruments and care of operates;
- Responsible for stock inventory;
- Took alginate impressions, poured and trimmed models.
- 20 years of dental office experience;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work well with others as a team member;
- Express compassionate care to the patients;
- X-ray Certified.