Am a resourceful professional that possess strong analytical, problem solving skills with ability to maintain confidentiality. I have extensive understanding of building automation system business flow including but not limited to relationship generation, Financial understanding, marketing and overall Customer satisfaction mindset. Am willing and have been able to work with any management level to complete individual analytical projects in a satisfactory manner.
Accounting Software: JD Edwards, QuickBooks, Great plain, Excel, ADP, EFTPS, Tax Act.
Project and Data Base Management: Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access, VB, SQL database, Coral Draw, Quick pro, Q-Daat.
Microsoft Office Products: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, FrontPage and MS Visio, MS Project.
W2bi, Incorporated, February 2011 to March 2012
- Provides guidance to other finance personnel for proper internal and external financial accounting procedures and their application
- Assists with the preparation of annual budgets, updates and strategic plans for assigned areas.
- Compiles inter company reconciliations and consolidates monthly bills for the main company and its subsidiaries
- Assists with the maintains and application of internal controls
- Prepares financial reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Oversee proper accounts reconciliation/ end month closing
- Handling technical accounting issues and communicating with IT department for solutions
- Prepare Monthly Sale tax papers and sale tax return
- Assist with the preparation of year end closings
- Maintains a smooth day to day business operations
- Supports operations Teams balance manpower requirements by continuously recruiting candidates for our new operations
- Assist departmental managers and directors with any ad hoc projects
- Maintain fixed assets and insurance paper.
- Assist in writing IT recovery plans, company manuals, Test plan, and marketing broachers
- Coordinates Customers meeting and employees travels, Reviews contract and agreements
- Updates Employees information ensured Compliance Maintains ISO and SOX compliance
Accountant /royalty analyst consultant
JOHN WILEY AND SON’S PUBLISHERS – Hoboken, NJ, January 2010 to February 2011
Started as a 5 week Assignment but ended up working for almost a year in various cooperate finance department. Royalty analyst role:
- Reviewed and analyzed contracts agreements ensured correct payments terms and due
- Created invoices according to contract terms and due date
- Prepared and analyzed sale forecast for licensee
- Ensured 1099 were filled correctly, communicated with vendors for any statues and address changes
- Processed Royalties payments, ensured correct CD combination and projects numbers were assigned to the correct accounts
- Monitored and reported customers accounts details for non payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Worked closely with the Editors reporting any Interfaced or irregular Project and ISBN numbers
- Processed accounts payable invoices which included matching, coding and batching high volume of invoices estimate of 200 invoices on daily bases
- Prepared and processed accounts payable checks, wire transfers and ACH payments
- Audited vouchers/ invoices and created batches for AP processing
- Entered Accounts payable and payroll journal entries into the system
- Generated monthly quarterly and end year reports for bank reconciliation purposes
- Worked diligently hard with the entire Accounts payable, royalty, and cashier departments to ensure smooth fiscal year end.
- Ensured all checks for FY10 were deposited and paid.
- Reviewed all open encumbrances for contracts, leases, rents, maintenance agreements that ended on April and created new purchase order for contracted services that end on April if applicable
- Assisted in reconciling all inter-company accounts
- Run end of the year reports and filled all the invoices, backups, contracts and other financial supporting documents in the respective filling cabinets.
Accountant/ Fiscal specialist Assistant -Relocated After Graduation
KANSAS COLLEGE OF NURSING, April 2007 to December 2009
- Processed accounts payable and accounts receivable which included coding, data entry, generating checks, maintaining vendor information and customer/supplier communication. Also assisted with monthly account reconciliation and month end closing.
- Processed bi-weekly payroll, verifying timecards, generating excel summary spreadsheet and entering data into ADP. Entered new employees, deductions, direct deposit and garnishment adjustments.
- Assisted in month end closing, and journal entries
- Timely reviewed and sign off on all required payroll and state tax reconciliations. Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory reporting requirements and guidelines; ensures reports are accurate and disbursed in a timely manner.
- Ensured quarterly taxes are filed and paid accordingly to reconcile the quarterly 941 filing requirements.
- Reviewed employees time sheet, calculate hours worked, adjust garnishment and wages cut
- Assisted in the preparation of departmental budgets; compile information for a variety of budgetary reports.
- Planned and scheduled work of clerical staff ensuring proper distribution of assignments and adequate manning, space and facilities for subsequent performance of duties.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting