Dedicated to professional growth by constantly upgrading skills and participating in training opportunities. Professional demeanor; communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and the public. Recognized for leadership skills and willingness to do whatever is necessary to get the job done.
Caring Corner Christian Daycare – Marion, IA, August 2009 to June 2012
- Responsible for all financial aspects of the daycare, including accounts receivable, accounts payable, collection of tuition, financial reports for the board, bank deposits and reconciliation, monthly Department of Human Services and food program billing.
- Responsible for all record keeping for employees and children making sure they are current, including physicals, immunizations, continuing education, training, certification, and license requirements.
- Assist in scheduling of staff as needed as well as staff supervision. Conference with parents regarding concerns as the need arises.
- Assist the Director with all aspects of operating the child care center as needed.
Mercy Medical Center Foundation – Sioux City, IA, June 2006 to August 2009
- Responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and conducting special events.
- Managed software database and prepared daily reports and recognition letters.
- Responsible for all financial reporting.
- Assisted in development and implementation of a comprehensive plan for broadening the base of philanthropy, including prospect research.
- Responsible for researching and identifying grant opportunities, applying for grants, and administering and monitoring financial functions of awarded grants.
- Responsible for oversight of the employee giving campaign, air care membership program, and grant writing and research. Provided necessary support for staff and volunteers to operate effectively, including training and orientation.
- Established, maintained, and revised record keeping and filing systems. Managed all mailings, reservations, and associated activities. Developed marketing materials for special events, campaigns, and annual report.
Mercy Physician Services, Inc – Cedar Rapids, IA, November 2000 to April 2003
- Participated in development of the organization’s strategic plan, mission, and values.
- Responsible for all human resource functions of satellite physician offices for 200+ employees to include hiring, termination, and disciplinary procedures as well as general orientation, payroll and record keeping. Developed and implemented policies and procedures, pay scales, job descriptions and performance evaluations.
- Assisted in development of marketing campaigns. Involved in negotiations of purchasing contracts and other services.
- Supervised 12 resource pool employees and two direct support personnel. Responsible for physician credentialing and working with regulatory agencies.
Medical Staff/CME Coordinator
DePaul Health Center – Bridgeton, MO, September 1998 to May 2000
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and promoting Continuing Medical Education programs. Served as liaison person for all continuing medical education matters between physicians, administration, and outside sponsors.
- Managed appropriate correspondence and communications with the Missouri State Board. Assisted in quality monitoring and directional strategy for Medical Staff.
- Coordinated medical staff committee and departmental peer review meetings, including scheduling, notification, as well as recording and transcribing minutes.
- Developed and distributed monthly newsletter.
Associates of Science in Liberal Arts
Kirkwood Community College -Cedar Rapids, IA
Linn Mar High School – Marion, IA
• Proficient in the use of: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge, Visio Professional, Kronos Payroll System, WordPerfect Office, and ProCare • Website Manager, Association of Better Childcare, 2009-Present
- Certified Medical Staff Coordinator, CMSC, 1995
- Certified Professional Secretary, CPS, 1995